domingo, 29 de agosto de 2010

Alto Tâmega e a ameaça das barragens: Apoio ao Tâmega na fotografia de Miguel R Fernandes





Alto Tâmega e a ameaça das barragens
Apoio ao Tâmega na fotografia de Miguel R Fernandes
.
In Alto Tâmega, a region bathed by a river of the same name, Tâmega, in the north of Portugal, Iberdrola, a Spanish energy company is going to build a new barrage complex.

The landscape and social scenario is going to change.

I have been assigned to document the entire project, since it’s beginning until it ends. At the same time I have found a new place, physically and emotionally. Strange it may seem it was the first time I visited the land where my grandfather had grown up.

After listening to stories of the place since my childhood I finally can give an image to them, I finally materialize some ideas that existed only in the form of dreams.



My grandfather is dead, but it’s like I’m getting to know him again. 

Miguel Ribeiro Fernandes , in Via-Visuals

Sem comentários: